Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Human error II

It's my mistake, and mine alone. Last week I could blame the spell-check. This week, it's my own muddled brain.

In my story for Businessworld's b school issue titled "Faculty Dilemma" I've mentioned that Jim Collins was a 'Distinguished Teacher' at Stanford University before he authored the classic 'In Search of Excellence'.

I have no idea what I was thinking. I mean who doesn't know that Tom Peters authored that book? The only explanantion I can offer is that Jim Collins' books" 'Good to Great' and 'Built to Last' are kind of similar in theme. "Let's identify the x, y and z factors which make companies excellent..."

Sorry, Tom. That is a really lame excuse. Whatever amends are posssible, will be made. The online version has been corrected already.

The PM recently gave a bhaashan about the need for journalists to be more careful with the facts. Well, I humbly agree.

Except to say that even worse than carelessness is deliberate misrepresentation of facts. And on that count at least I plead "not guilty".

4 comments:

  1. ....Except to say that even worse than carelessness is deliberate misrepresentation of facts......


    couldn't agree with you more!
    hey typo's are just incidental!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rashmi,
    Well said, and it always takes guts to accept one's mistakes, however small they maybe:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No probs rashmi....
    Seeing ur proven record of excellent writing skills, is baar tumhein maaf kiya !!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With great power comes even greater responsibility :p ! Oh yes, journalism is a puissant profession.

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Youth Curry - Insight on Indian Youth